Echocardiogram, Humble TX
Among our many cardiology diagnostic tools, echocardiograms are an essential tool to review many aspects of a heart’s health, by examining its functions when diagnosing a concern, after a procedure, or to monitor a potential issue. With nearly 30 years of experience as a cardiologist, Dr. Jacob has extensive knowledge in applying tests such as echocardiograms to accurately analyze the hearts of patients throughout Humble, Texas.
An echocardiogram, commonly referred to as an “echo”, is a type of ultrasound test in which high-pitched sound waves are emitted from a device called a transducer. By using these sound waves, echoes can form a video of your heart’s movements.
Purpose of Echocardiograms in Humble, TX
This test can be used to:
- Detect an enlarged heart
- View heart valves
- Spot congenital heart defects
- Review the heart’s state after a heart attack
- Check the thickness of the heart wall
- Review the performance of an artificial heart valve
- Measure the heart’s chamber size
- Calculate how much blood is pumping through your heart with each heartbeat
- Detect diseases such as cardiomyopathy that impact the way the heart muscles pump
- Search for clots or tumors in the heart
Echocardiography in Humble, TX
Whether you’ve recently moved to the Humble area or seeking a specialist after a referral from your general practitioner, Dr. Jacob is ready to give you the highest quality in personalized heart care. Our office, located in Humble TX, strived to provide a pleasant experience and results that our patients can trust. Don’t take any chances when it comes to caring for your heart. Schedule your appointment with Dr. Jacob today.